Environment & Sustainability
Most Ergomotion® bases feature eucalyptus plywood construction. A material classified as “hardwood”, which is versatile and extremely sustainable. Eucalyptus crops can produce up to 30 times more volume per year than the average trees used to obtain carpentry wood. The density and nature of eucalyptus make it one of the most structurally sound hardwoods available, which can be impregnated with fire retardant (that does not wash off) through the pressure treatment process.
Pallets for material handling & racks/bins for material storage in production facilities are made of excess eucalyptus woodcuts, which minimizes scrap & waste.
Pallets for shipping finished goods are made of eucalyptus wood & excess cuts.
We use EPE Foam (Expanded Polyethylene), an environmentally safe, recyclable material with no harmful outgassing.
Water Based Adhesives (Glue) use “natural polymers” formulated through plant, vegetable and protein sources, which are moisture-resistant yet non-flammable and contain no harmful chemicals for the consumer.
Regarding energy efficiency, we can say that:
- Our energy consumption is low.
- Our adjustable bed is one of the most energy-efficient on the market.
- During full operation, our adjustable bed system has a maximum 24 Volts output.
- When idle, there is a max .05 draw from the outlet (equivalent to illuminating the clock on your oven).
- Regardless of the extent of use, our product will never have a significant impact on user electricity/energy bill.
Clean Photovoltaic solar energy currently supports 30% of our manufacturing operations and we are working to increase solar utilization in years to come.